Nintendo Download: Adventures and New Beginnings
REDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jan 12, 2023--
This week’s Nintendo Download includes the following content:
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20230112005279/en/
Save on digital versions of select Nintendo Switch games until Jan. 15 at 11:59 p.m. PT. (Graphic: Business Wire)
Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch
- Digital Spotlight:
- These Games Have “Hat” It! – It’s National Hat Day this week, so why not make like Mario and tip your lid with these behatted Nintendo friends! Mario and Luigi likely come to mind first when considering favorite capped characters, and you can join them on several adventures on the Nintendo Switch system, including Super Mario Odyssey, Luigi’s Mansion 3, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Mario Party Superstars and Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury. Of course, Hyrule wouldn’t be the same without its green-hatted hero Link – even if he starts off in The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild … hatless! Don’t worry, though, it won’t be long before you have an opportunity to gather up some gear to accompany his pointed ears. Then, cap things off with Kirby as he dons a variety of Copy Abilities – complete with fashionable headwear! – in Kirby and the Forgotten Land. Super Mario Odyssey, Luigi’s Mansion 3, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Mario Party Superstars, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Kirby and the Forgotten Land are all available now in Nintendo eShop.
- Double Gold Point Promotion for Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pass Members – Until Jan. 31 at 11:59 p.m. PT, active Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack members can get double My Nintendo Gold Points* on the purchase of eligible digital games and DLC** in Nintendo eShop and My Nintendo Store. That means members can earn 10% in Gold Points, which can then be used toward their next eligible purchase. For more information, please visit https://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/.
Nintendo eShop sales:
- Ring in 2023 With the Nintendo New Year Sale – Happy New Year! If you’re looking to pick up some games after the holidays, you’re in luck: The Nintendo New Year Sale has arrived! Until Jan. 15 at 11:59 p.m. PT, save on select digital games like The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening, Paper Mario: The Origami King and Persona 5 Royal, among many others, so don’t delay! Shop on Nintendo.com or your Nintendo Switch system to purchase and download games so you can start playing them right away. Plus, you can earn My Nintendo Gold Points***, awarded based on 5% of the amount you pay (excluding tax and any points or discounts used). Then, you can redeem your My Nintendo Gold Points towards the purchase of other eligible digital games, DLC, Nintendo Switch Online memberships and more. For more information, please visit https://www.nintendo.com/store/sales-and-deals.
Also new this week in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch:
- Alphadia Neo
- Arcade Archives GALAGA
- Back To Brother
- Backpack Twins
- Boat Simulator
- Breakers Collection
- Burrow of the Fallen Bear: A Gay Furry Visual Novel
- Chasing Static
- Clutter 12: It’s About Time – Collector’s Edition
- Collab Ball
- Crime Secrets: Crimson Lily
- Drago Noka
- Dragon Fury – Available Jan. 13
- DRAW AND COLOR: KAWAII Special Edition
- DUSK ’82 – Available Jan. 13
- Fight of Steel: Infinity Warrior
- Go Rally – Available Jan. 13
- I’ll be your ideal lover! - My Dream Lover -
- Japanese Escape Games The Abandoned Schoolhouse
- Kids Party Checkers
- Little Kong Jungle Fun Extended Edition
- Lone Ruin
- Magic Card Tricks
- Memorrha – Available Jan. 13
- Mrs.Cat Between Worlds – Available Jan. 17
- NEScape! – Available Jan. 13
- Puzzle Vacations: Ireland
- Rafa’s World
- Roof Jump Stunt Driver
- Shieldmaiden: Remix Edition
- Terror of Hemasaurus
- The House of Da Vinci 3
- Think Logic! Sudoku - Binary - Suguru
- Vengeful Guardian: Moonrider
- Warp 7
- Wings of Bluestar – Available Jan. 18
* Offer valid 11/1/22 – 1/31/23. Paid Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack membership required by Jan. 31, 2023, at 11:59 p.m. PT to be eligible for promotional My Nintendo Gold Points. Promotional My Nintendo Gold Points will be distributed in February 2023.
** Full version of game required to use DLC for that game. Sold separately.
*** Gold Points are awarded based on the amount you pay (excluding tax and any points or discounts used) and have no cash value. A Nintendo Account is required to receive and redeem My Nintendo points. Terms apply. https://accounts.nintendo.com/term_point.
In addition to video games available at retail stores, Nintendo also offers a variety of content that people can download directly to their systems. Nintendo adds new games weekly to Nintendo eShop, which offers a variety of options for the Nintendo Switch family of systems, the Wii U console and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems.
Nintendo Switch Online is a paid membership service that allows members to team up or face off online in compatible Nintendo Switch games, such as Splatoon 3,Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Nintendo Switch Sports. Members also enjoy a curated library of NES and Super NES classic games, including Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Metroid and The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, among many others. To find out more about the benefits that come with Nintendo Switch Online, to view membership options and to learn about a free seven-day trial for new users, visit https://www.nintendo.com/switch/online-service/.
With a Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack membership, players get access to even more benefits, including a library of Nintendo 64 games with added online play for up to four players (additional accessories may be required for multiplayer mode; sold separately), Animal Crossing: New Horizons - Happy Home Paradise DLC, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass DLC, Splatoon 2: Octo Expansion DLC (full version of game required to use DLC for that game; sold separately) and retro SEGA Genesis games.
Nintendo eShop is a cash-based service that features a wide variety of content, including new and classic games, applications and demos. Users can add money to their account balances by using a credit card or purchasing a Nintendo eShop Card at a retail store and entering the code from the card. All funds from one card must be loaded in Nintendo eShop on the Nintendo Switch family of systems, Wii U or the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, but can be used in any Nintendo eShop if the systems are linked to a single Nintendo Account.
Customers in the U.S. and Canada ages 18 and older can also link a PayPal account to their Nintendo Account to purchase digital games and content for the Nintendo Switch family of systems both on-device and from the Nintendo website. Once the accounts are linked, users may also use PayPal as a payment option when buying digital content for the Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family systems from the Nintendo website.
My Nintendo members can earn Gold Points on eligible digital purchases. Already have Gold Points? Redeem them toward your next digital purchase of Nintendo Switch games and DLC on Nintendo eShop, or on discount rewards for select Nintendo 3DS and Wii U software. Visit https://my.nintendo.com/reward_categories for more details.
Remember that the Nintendo Switch and Nintendo 3DS family of systems feature parental controls that let adults manage some of the content their children can access. Nintendo Switch players who register a Nintendo Account gain access to free-to-start games and free game demos from Nintendo eShop, and also get the latest news and information direct from Nintendo. For more information about parental controls on Nintendo Switch and other features, visit https://play.nintendo.com/parents/crash-courses/parental-controls/ and https://www.nintendo.com/switch/. For all other systems please visit https://support.nintendo.com/.
Note to editors: Nintendo press materials are available at https://press.nintendo.com, a password-protected site. To obtain a login, please register on the site.
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20230112005279/en/
CONTACT: Eddie Garcia
KEYWORD: WASHINGTON UNITED STATES NORTH AMERICA
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: RETAIL ONLINE CONSUMER ELECTRONICS MOBILE ENTERTAINMENT TECHNOLOGY WOMEN ONLINE RETAIL TEENS MEN ELECTRONIC GAMES FAMILY SOFTWARE ENTERTAINMENT CONSUMER INTERNET
Copyright Business Wire 2023.
PUB: 01/12/2023 09:00 AM/DISC: 01/12/2023 09:01 AM