The Worldwide Adaptive Optics Industry is Estimated to Reach $4.9 Billion by 2031 - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jan 6, 2023--
The “Adaptive Optics Market By Component, By Industry Vertical, By Application: Global Opportunity Analysis and Industry Forecast, 2021-2031” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
According to this report the adaptive optics market was valued at $494.50 million in 2021, and is estimated to reach $4.9 billion by 2031, growing at a CAGR of 25.6% from 2022 to 2031.
The report incorporates the study of the global adaptive optics market that focuses on the technique that removes the atmospheric disturbance and allows a telescope to achieve diffraction-limited imaging from the ground. Optical instruments experience errors while measuring and imaging because of distortions found in light waves.
Adaptive optics assists with invalidating these mistakes, in this way, enlightening the performance of the optical instruments. The technology works by measuring the distortions in the wavefront and compensating with a device that corrects those errors, such as a deformable mirror or a liquid crystal array.
Currently, adaptive optics is quickly picking up demand as a possibility for enhancing the performance of optical systems. For instance, in January 2020, National Science Foundation (NSF), the newest Inouye Solar 4-meter Telescope, produced the first image that uses adaptive optics to compensate for the blurring created by Earth’s atmosphere.
The factors such as adoption in the field of astronomy, growing prevalence of retinal degeneration diseases, and rise in demand for high-resolution microscopy in various biomedical research operations supplement the growth of the adaptive optics market.
However, high initial cost of adaptive systems and complex design & optimization of space optical solutions are the factors expected to hamper the growth of the adaptive optics market. In addition, increasing demand for photonics enabled products to enhance system efficiency to aid growth and rising R&D investments in advanced optics technology creates market opportunities for the key players operating in the adaptive optics market.
- This study presents analytical depiction of the global adaptive optics market analysis along with current trends and future estimations to depict imminent investment pockets.
- The overall adaptive optics market opportunity is determined by understanding profitable trends to gain a stronger foothold.
- The report presents information related to the key drivers, restraints, and opportunities of the global adaptive optics market with a detailed impact analysis.
- The current adaptive optics market is quantitatively analyzed from 2021 to 2031 to benchmark the financial competency.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of the buyers and suppliers in the industry.
Key Market Segments
- Wavefront Sensor
- Wavefront Modulator
- Control System
By Industry Vertical
- Military Defense
- Industrial Manufacturing
- Laser Application
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
Key Market Players
- Active optical systems
- Aka optics SAS
- Baker Adaptive Optics
- Benchmark Electronics Inc.
- Boston Micromachines Corporation
- Edmund Optics Inc.
- Electro Optic Systems Pty Ltd
- Flexible Optical B.V.
- Imagine Optic
- Iris AO, Inc.
- Northrop Grumman Corporation
- Synopsys, Inc.
- Teledyne e2v
- Thorlabs, Inc.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/85lktd
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20230106005241/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./ CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: HEALTH OPTICAL
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2023.
PUB: 01/06/2023 08:57 AM/DISC: 01/06/2023 08:58 AM