Saudi Arabia Used Car Market Outlook Report 2022-2026: Proliferation in Online Platforms Coupled with Smartphone Penetration Creating a Market Boom - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dec 30, 2022--
The “Saudi Arabia Used Car Market Outlook to 2026F- Driven by Boom in Online Platforms and Increase in Internet and Smartphone Penetration” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The used car industry in Saudi Arabia has grown at a notable CAGR on the basis of gross transaction value and sales volume over the period 2017-2021.
The availability of multiple financing options, booming growth of online classified and auction market and increasing smartphone and internet penetration led to the increase in sales from 2017-2021. The addition of women drivers and the high levels of disposable income in the country are some of the major growth drivers of the industry.
Saudi Arabia Organized Market Segmentation
By Sales Channel:
The unorganized sector contributed to the majority of the sales of used car in the country. This higher preference for Unorganized sector was because used cars are cheaper on these platform and customers save 15% VAT charged by Organized players. Over time preference towards organized is increasing due to more convenient buying experience and value added services (warranty, certification).
Competitive Landscape of KSA Used Car Market:
The industry is highly fragmented and competitive with 2,200+ dealerships operating in the market. Many brands have a certified pre-owned car program in place in the country. Amongst the brand authorized dealerships, the top 6 players including Abdul Latif Jameel Motors, Aljomaih Automotive Company, Al Jazirah Vehicles, Universal Motors & Gulf Advantage are analyzed to account for almost half of the used car sales through the authorized dealerships.
These players compete on the basis of parameters such as geographical presence, value-added services offered, financing option, after-sales services offered, dealership network, and more.
KSA E-Commerce Logistics Market Future Outlook and Projections
The used car industry is expected to recover from the Covid-19 pandemic and witness growth by 2026. The increasing demand from smaller cities such as Jazan, Arar among others is expected to drive the growth of the industry. The growing traction towards online platforms is expected to compel dealerships to expand their presence online.
Online platforms are expected to leverage the latest technologies such as artificial intelligence & virtual reality to enhance the user browsing experience. The overall used to new car sales ratio in the country is also expected to improve in the future.
KSA Used Car Market Segmentations
By Market Structure:
The industry in Saudi Arabia is largely unorganized due to the preference of consumers towards peer-to-peer sales, largely facilitated by online auto-classified platforms. The organized market comprises of large authorized brand dealerships as well as multi-brand outlets and exhibitions.
By Sales Channel:
The unorganized sector contributed to the majority of the sales of used car in the country. This higher preference for Unorganized sector was because used cars are cheaper on these platform and customers save 15% VAT charged by Organized players. Over time preference towards organised is increasing due to more convenient buying experience and value added services (warranty, certification).
By Type of Cars:
Sedans and hatchback were observed to dominate the used car market on the basis of sales volume as they are economical and suitable for almost all kinds of buyers. SUVs & crossovers were found to be the second most preferred types of cars in the country and pick-ups & luxury cars contributed to the remaining sales.
By Car Brands:
Toyota continues to dominate the used car market in Saudi Arabia due to the higher preference of the consumers towards the brand for its reliability and low maintenance. Also, the easy availability of spare parts and the higher residual value of Toyota cars contribute to higher sales. Hyundai contributed to the second-highest sales volume in 2021
By Age of Vehicle:
Three to five-year-old used cars were observed to dominate the used car sales in the country in 2021. As the installment period for cars purchased on finance is around 3-5 years after which people usually prefer to sell off their cars. 1-3-year-old vehicles contributed to the second-highest sales volume as a large number of these cars found their way to the used car market when car rental companies’ de-fleet their existing fleet.
By Kilometers Driven:
A large proportion of the used cars sold in 2021 belonged to the category of 80,000-150,000 kilometers. Cars with a mileage of 50,000-80,000 kilometers were also largely preferred by the consumers due to their nearly new look and feel and are also economical.
The central region including the capital of Riyadh accounted for the highest number of used car sales in the country in 2021 due to the concentration of the young working population in the region. The western region contributed the second-highest used car sales. Most of the major authorized dealers have multiple showrooms in these regions.
By Age Group of Buyers:
The majority of the buyers in the used car market were observed to be in the age group 30-60 years. Many young working professionals, expatriates, families owning multiple cars belong to this age group. The demand for used cars among the age group of 18-30 years is also increasing with increasing disposable income and job opportunities.
KSA Used Car Market Overview
- Ecosystem of Major Entities in KSA Used Car Market
- Overview and Genesis of KSA Used Car Market
- Step-by-step sales process of Used Cars in KSA
- Value Chain Analysis of KSA Used Car Industry
- Role of Entities in Value Chain Analysis in KSA Used Car
- Lead generation for used cars in KSA
- Sourcing of used cars for dealers in KSA
- KSA Used Car Market sizing analysis, 2017-2021P
- KSA Automotive Market Overview
- Revenue Share of Major Car Brands in KSA
- Passenger Car Landscape in KSA
- Import and Export of Passenger Cars in KSA
- Passenger Car Landscape
Customer Profile of Used Car Market in KSA
- Customer Analysis By Customer Age and By Gender, 2021
- Customer Pain points in Used car industry
- Decision Making Parameters for Customers
- Key Factors and Price Determinants Influencing Used Car Purchasing Decisions
- Findings on Consumer Analysis
Snapshot on Online Classified Used Car Platforms in KSA
- Purchase Evolution of Used Car Platforms
- Transactional platforms in Used Car industry
- Used car journey on Online platforms in KSA
- Existing Business Frameworks
- Competition Scenario: Positioning of Auto Classifieds in KSA
- Existing and Emerging Online Retails Models in KSA Used Car Market
- Cross Comparison of Major Online Auto-Classifieds
Competition Framework for KSA Used Car Market
- Brand Perception Mapping of Major Players in KSA Used Car Market
- Cross Comparison of Major OEMs (Inception Year, No. of Branches/Showrooms, Used Car Sales, Best Selling Model, Inventory, Warranty, Value added Services, Sourcing, Inspection Check, Online Presence Funding)
Covid-19 Impact on KSA Used Car Market
- Covid-19 Impact on KSA Automotive Market
- Covid-19 Impact on KSA Used Car Market
KSA Used Car Market
By Market Structure
- Organized Sector
- OEM Certified Dealers
- Multi-Brand Non-Franchise Dealerships
- Auction Companies
- Unorganized Sector
- Local Dealers
By Type of Car
- Sedan and Hatchback
- Pickup trucks
Major Auction Companies
- Abdulla Fouad Company of Public Auctions Car Sales
- Sultan Nasser Auctioneers Est
- AutoWorld (AKA Al Jazira Equipment Co.Ltd)
- Saud Qahtani Auction Company
- Major Finance Institution
- Alinma Bank
- Riyad Bank
- ANB Leasing Bank
- Emirates NBD Auto Lease Bank
- Al Rajhi Bank
- National Commercial Bank
- Saudi Investment Bank
- Bank Albilad
- Al Yusr
- Taajeer Finance Company
- Abdul Latif Jameel
- Al-Tayseer Car Finance
- Major Finance Institution
- Abdul Latif Jameel
- Aljomaih Automotive Company
- Al Jazirah Vehicle
- Mohamed Yousuf Naghi
- United Motors Company
- Universal Motors Agencies
- SAMACO Automotive
- Petromin Stellantis
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/b9xcm2
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20221230005098/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./ CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
KEYWORD: MIDDLE EAST SAUDI ARABIA
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: RETAIL SPECIALTY OTHER AUTOMOTIVE AUTOMOTIVE
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2022.
PUB: 12/30/2022 05:28 AM/DISC: 12/30/2022 05:27 AM