Global Skin Antiseptic Products (Solutions, Swab Sticks, Wipes) Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report 2022-2030 - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dec 22, 2022--
The “Global Skin Antiseptic Products Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report by Formulations (Alcohols, Chlorhexidine), by Type (Solutions, Swab Sticks, Wipes), by Application (Surgeries, Injections), by Region, and Segment Forecasts, 2022-2030” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The global skin antiseptic product market size is expected to reach USD 478.35 million by 2030, registering a CAGR of 6.9%.
Rising incidences of Hospital-Acquired Infections (HAIs) and increasing usage of surgical units and endoscope reprocesses are the key driving factors for the market.
The rising number of surgeries being performed is also expected to drive the market during the forecast period. According to the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ), 17.2 million hospital visits included surgical procedures in the U.S. in 2014.
Demand for alcohol antiseptics for pre-injection and pre-operative skin preparations is increasing significantly. In addition, alcohol antiseptics are being used as a base along with various formulations, such as iodine and chlorhexidine. Exceptional properties of alcohol-based antiseptics for surgical purposes are driving the market.
Growing awareness regarding the benefits of skin antiseptic products and increasing R&D funding are creating opportunities for market entrants.
Moreover, various programs being conducted by manufacturers and governments to boost the awareness about the importance of using skin antiseptic products are also expected to contribute significantly to the skin antiseptic product market growth.
Skin Antiseptic Product Market Report Highlights
- North America led the global market in 2018 and is anticipated to maintain its position throughout the forecast years, owing to a rise in the number of surgeries being performed and the presence of key companies in the region.
- Octenidine is anticipated to be the fastest-growing formulation segment during the forecast period. Octenidine is an internal substitute for chlorhexidine and iodine.
- The injection segment led the market in 2018 owing to a rise in the incidence of spinal injuries and usage of skin antiseptic products for pre-injection skin preparation.
- The wipes segment is expected to witness the fastest growth during the forecast period, as wipes are easy to use and possess a lesser risk of contamination.
- Key companies in the skin antiseptic product market are BD, 3M, Ecolab, Schulke & Mayr GmbH, Sage Products LLC, Johnson & Johnson, and B. Braun Melsungen AG.
Market Driver Analysis
- Increasing Prevalence Of Hospital Acquired Diseases (Hais)
- Increasing Use Of Endoscope Reprocesses And Surgical Units
Market Restraint Analysis
- Stringent Regulations Related To The Usage Of Antiseptics & Disinfectants
- Lack of relevant knowledge in developing countries
Skin Antiseptic Products: Market Analysis Tools
- Industry Analysis-Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
- Pestle Analysis
- Major Deals And Strategic Alliances
- Market Entry Strategies
- Schulke & Mayr Gmbh
- Sage Products Llc
- B. Braun Melsungen Ag
- Cardinal Health
- Smith & Nephew
- Avrio Health
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/8jfbg
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20221222005347/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./ CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: HEALTH SURGERY MEDICAL SUPPLIES MEDICAL DEVICES
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2022.
PUB: 12/22/2022 10:00 AM/DISC: 12/22/2022 10:01 AM