Global Minimally Invasive Surgical (MIS) Devices Market to Reach $42.4 Billion by 2027 - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jan 4, 2023--
The “Minimally Invasive Surgical (MIS) Devices - Market Insight, Competitive Landscape and Market Forecast - 2027” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The global MIS devices market was valued at USD 28,873.25 million in 2021, growing at a CAGR of 7.38% during the forecast period from 2022 to 2027, in order to reach USD 42,499 million by 2027.
The MIS devices market is witnessing a positive market growth owing to the factors such as rising prevalence of various cancers such as lung cancer which accounted for the highest number of cancer-related deaths and highest cancer incidence in 2021, and other indications such as cardiovascular diseases, and neurodegenerative diseases among others.
Furthermore, the presence of factors such as growth in aging population wherein age plays a key role in the development of various indications is another factor driving the growth of the MIS devices market. Moreover, the technological advancements in product development such as the development of surgical robots is further driving the MIS devices market as new products are gaining regulatory approvals and are entering the market.
Minimally Invasive Surgical (MIS) Devices Market Dynamics:
One of the key aspects driving the MIS devices market can be attributed to the surge in cancer incidence. The GLOBOCAN 2022, study conducted by the International Agency for Research on Cancer mentioned that in 2020, an estimated number of 19.3 million new cancer cases (18.1 million excluding non-melanoma skin cancer) and approximately 10.0 million cancer deaths were reported globally.
The source mentioned above also stated that in 2020, lung cancer was the main cause accounting for the highest number (1.4 million) of cases followed by prostate (14.1%), colorectum (10.6%), stomach (7.1%), and liver (6.3%) cancers. Cancer, being a debilitating disease, requires extensive treatment in order to treat cancerous cells. Surgery is often a recommended mode of treatment wherein minimally invasive surgery such as single incision laparoscopic surgery, endoscopic endonasal surgery, and minimal-incision thyroidectomy are some of the minimally invasive surgical approaches that are employed in the treatment of cancers which make use of various devices specifically devised to conduct the procedure in a minimally invasive way.
Thus, the growing need for MIS devices of various types can be attributed to the increasing cancer incidence that may require surgical intervention as one of the treatment approaches. Therefore, all the aforementioned factors are projected to contribute to the growing demand for MIS devices, u
Minimally Invasive Surgical (MIS) Devices Market Key Players:
Some of the key market players operating in the MIS devices market include Abbott, Olympus, Intuitive Surgical Inc, Stryker, JOHNSON & JOHNSON MEDICAL DEVICES COMPANIES, Medtronic, Boston Scientific Corporation, CONMED Corporation, KARL STORZ GmbH, CooperSurgical, Inc., Cook, AngioDynamics, FUJIFILM Corporation, Symmetry Surgical Inc, B. Braun Melsungen AG, BD, Shenzhen Mindray Bio-Medical Electronics Co., Ltd, Zimmer Biomet, Richard Wolf GmbH, Microport Scientific Corporation others.
Recent Developmental Activities in Minimally Invasive Surgical (MIS) Devices Market:
- In November, 2021, Shanghai MicroPort MedBot (Group) Co., Ltd. (MicroPort MedBot) recently attended the 28th National Seminar for Laparoscopic Surgery Demonstration, to launch their DFVision 3D Electronic Laparoscope (DFVision).
- In October 2021, Medtronic received the CE (Conformite Europeenne) Mark for their HugoT robotic-assisted surgery (RAS) system thereby enabling Medtronic to access European market for this device. The device received the approval for gynecologic and urological procedure.
- In May 2019, Olympus launched the ESG- 150 Electrosurgery Generator (ESG-150) after receiving product approval from the US Food and Drug Administration.
Key Takeaways from the Minimally Invasive Surgical (MIS) Devices Market Report Study
- Market size analysis for current MIS devices market size (2021), and market forecast for 5 years (2022-2027)
- The effect of the COVID-19 pandemic on this market is significant. To capture and analyze suitable indicators, our experts are closely watching the MIS devices market.
- Top key product/services/technology developments, merger, acquisition, partnership, joint venture happened for last 3 years
- Key companies dominating the global MIS devices market.
- Various opportunities available for the other competitors in the MIS devices market space.
- What are the top performing segments in 2021? How these segments will perform in 2027.
- Which is the top-performing regions and countries in the current MIS devices market scenario?
- Which are the regions and countries where companies should have concentrated on opportunities for MIS devices market growth in the coming future?
Target Audience who can be benefited from this Minimally Invasive Surgical (MIS) Devices Market Report Study
- MIS devices products providers
- Research organizations and consulting companies
- MIS devices -related organizations, associations, forums, and other alliances
- Government and corporate offices
- Start-up companies, venture capitalists, and private equity firms
- Distributors and traders dealing in MIS devices
- Various end-users who want to know more about the MIS devices market and latest technological developments in the MIS devices market.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/sqr0bq
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20230104005844/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./ CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: SURGERY HEALTH MEDICAL DEVICES
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2023.
PUB: 01/04/2023 01:00 PM/DISC: 01/04/2023 01:01 PM