Global Smart Electricity Meter Data Management Market Analysis Report 2022: Penetration Rate is Forecast to Increase from Just Over 40% at the Start of 2022 to 65% by 2030 - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dec 23, 2022--
The “Global Smart Electricity Meter Data Management Growth Opportunities” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The global penetration rate for smart metering is forecast to increase from just over 40% at the start of 2022 to 65% by 2030
This growth will lead to an increased demand for meter data management (MDM) software. First-generation meters largely focus on basic functions such as billing and time-of-use pricing.
The study lists the countries that are the key to growth and pinpoints the factors that will drive and restrain the development of this market. It concludes by identifying the key growth opportunities emerging from this market for stakeholders and key players to leverage.
With the growth of decentralized energy, more renewable energy sources, electric vehicles, heat pumps, battery energy storage systems, etc., will be connected to the grid. All of this will require management for the grid to continue to function effectively. Smart meters will essentially become load management devices, and this will require more functionalities and higher per-meter revenues from MDM manufacturers.
The replacement of existing smart meters with next-generation meters will also be a priority. Countries that installed smart meters early on, like Italy, Sweden, Finland, and Denmark, have already started replacing their metering devices. Utilities in the United States, Canada, Spain, and Japan will follow suit over the course of the decade.
KEY ISSUES ADDRESSED:
What are the key drivers and restraints that impact the growth of the MDM market?
Which regions and countries offer the best prospects for growth during the forecast period?
What are the growth opportunities? Where do they exist for the market participants?
Who are the key participants in the MDM ecosystem?
Key Topics Covered:
1 Strategic Imperatives
- Why is it Increasingly Difficult to Grow?
- The Strategic Imperative
- The Impact of the Top 3 Strategic Imperatives on the Meter Data Management (MDM) Industry
- Growth Opportunities Fuel the Growth Pipeline Engine
2 Growth Opportunity Analysis
- Primary Findings
- Scope of Analysis
- Regional Segmentation
- Smart Meter Market at a Glance
- Primary Market Trends
- Market Overview
- Smart Metering Data and Analytics for Edge Intelligence
- Unlocking Value from a Meter Data Management System (MDMS)
- Evolution of MDM
- MDM - Basic, Advanced Features, and Primary Solutions
- Business Model Assessment
- Emergence of New Business Models
- Primary Trends in Utility Use Cases
- Trends in Managed Services/AMI-as-a-Service
- Growth Drivers
- Growth Restraints
- Forecast Assumptions and Methodology
- Revenue and Unit Shipment Forecast
- Revenue Forecast by Region
- Revenue Forecast Analysis
- Competitive Dynamics
3 Growth Opportunity Universe
- Growth Opportunity 1: Service-based Models
- Growth Opportunity 2: Grid Intelligence
- Growth Opportunity 3: Smart Grid Initiatives with a Strategic IT Infrastructure
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/5r8dyr
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20221223005148/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./ CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: UTILITIES ENERGY
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2022.
PUB: 12/23/2022 07:15 AM/DISC: 12/23/2022 07:16 AM