Physical Security Global Market Report 2022: Enormous Worldwide Investments in 5G Infrastructure to Reshape Sector - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dec 20, 2022--
The “The Physical Security Business 2022 to 2027 - Access Control, Video Surveillance & Intruder Alarm/Perimeter Protection Market Research” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
This report is the publisher’s 14th annual market analysis that brings together all the factors influencing this industry’s future. The publisher assesses the structure and size of the combined physical security industry then break down the market by product type, sales by vertical sector and geographic region, and forecast sales to 2027.
The report shows that the market for Physical Security products has demonstrated a remarkable degree of both resilience and adaptability over the course of the COVID-19 pandemic, with recovery proving particularly strong in 2021 for most major players in the market.
The publisher estimates annual revenues from the physical security product market should increase 9.13% in 2022, rising to $42.3Bn, and predict that between 2023 and 2027, growth will average around 6.5% per annum.
Key Questions Addressed:
- What is the global physical security market’s shape, size and structure in 2022? How is the market broken down into Access Control, Video Surveillance and Intruder Alarm/Perimeter
- Protection Equipment? Where are the dominant geographic markets in the world? How are sales split between 16 different industry verticals?
- What are the main drivers for industry growth? How will the market grow over the next 5 years? Which technologies are helping to reshape this market and create new business models?
- How are mergers, acquisitions and investments impacting the industry? How does acquisition activity stack up against previous years both in terms of value and volume?
- How much investment has the market attracted from venture capital and private equity this year?
- The Chinese video surveillance market continues to dominate global sales accounting for just under one-third of the total global market, followed by North America with just over a quarter. China’s Sharp Eyes project mandated 100% surveillance coverage for public areas and key industries by the end of 2020. While the program (part of the 13th Five-Year plan released in 2016) technically came to an end in 2020 delays in project rollout due to the pandemic mean some investments continued into 2021. The winding down of the Sharp Eyes program may indicate a decline in future government investment in the domain, but the publisher still expects robust levels of government investment and support for innovation in the sector to continue.
- The publisher’s Q1 2021 analysis of Artificial Intelligence (AI) in Smart Buildings found that the Security & Access control market, and particularly video analytics, generates the lion’s share of overall AI revenues in smart buildings, representing just under 50% of total sales in 2020 at $558 million.
- An enormous amount of investment has been ploughed into the development and deployment of the latest generation of broadband cellular network technology, known as 5G. Many analysts and industry observers contend that the proliferation of 5G will have a major impact on the video security market, arguing that in the years to come, we will see the proliferation of large networks of wireless cameras streaming ultra-high-definition video in real-time. We do not share this view. In fact, as of 2022, we see very little momentum or market appetite from either camera manufacturers, integrators or end users for the deployment of 5G wireless surveillance usage at scale. We estimate that the introduction of 5G for video surveillance data transmission will take at least another 5 years to achieve the levels of coverage, reliability and falls in cost to have any kind of real impact.
- Over the last 20 years, the average annual total of all acquisitions was over $6.7 Billion, and the average number of deals was 42. In 2022 the publisher has identified a total of 43 deals, a moderate rise from the 38 from last year. The total estimated deal value came in at just over $9.8 billion, which ranks 2022 as the 4th highest of any year in the last 20, with a total that is 45% higher than the annual average of over $6.7 billion.
Key Topics Covered:
1. The Structure, Shape & Size of the Physical Security Business 2022
2. The Video Surveillance Market
3. The Access Control Market
4. Intruder Alarms/Perimeter Protection (IA/PP) Market
5. Physical Security Software Markets
6. The Internet of Things (IoT)
7. AI and Machine Learning
8. Evolving Deployment Models (Cloud & Edge)
9. Wireless & Cellular Technologies
9.1 The Impact of 5G
9.2 Wireless for Video Surveillance
9.3 Wireless for Access Control
9.4 Wireless for IA/PP
10. Geopolitical Tensions & Trade Barriers
10.1 US/China Dynamics
10.2 The Realities of Trading in China for non-Chinese firms
10.3 Implications of the Trade War for Non-Chinese Manufacturers
10.4 Impacts on Europe
10.5 Trends in Other Nations
11. Supply Chain Trends
11.1 Ongoing Supply Chain Woes
11.2 Physical Security Market Impacts
11.3 Future Supply Chain Prospects
11.4 Supply Chain Resilience
11.5 The War in Ukraine
12. Long-term COVID-19 Impacts
13.1 Product Sustainability
13.2 Contributions to Corporate Energy Efficiency/Sustainability
14. Skills, Talent & Labor
15. Cyber Security
15.1 The Status of Cyber Security for Physical Security Devices
15.2 Cyber Security Incidents in Physical Security
16. Data Privacy & Ethics
16.1 Data Privacy
16.2 Governance & Ethics
17. Open Standards
17.1 The Benefits of Open Standards
17.2 Progress towards Open Systems
17.3 The OSSA
18. Policy, Regulation & Standards
18.1 Video Surveillance Standards
18.2 Access Control Standards
18.3 Data Privacy Regulations
18.4 Facial Recognition Regulations
18.5 Cyber Security Regulations
19. M&A, Investment & Strategic Alliances
19.1 M&A Performance 2002-2022
19.2 M&A Performance in 2022
19.3 M&A Valuation - Exit Multiple Benchmarks
19.4 M&A By Business Segment in 2022
20. Investment Trends Analysis
21. Strategic Alliances
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/pwbrv7
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20221220005518/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./ CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: TECHNOLOGY MOBILE/WIRELESS CONSTRUCTION & PROPERTY 5G SECURITY BUILDING SYSTEMS AUDIO/VIDEO NETWORKS HARDWARE
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2022.
PUB: 12/20/2022 09:39 AM/DISC: 12/20/2022 09:40 AM