Passenger Trips Increase 14% YoY in November
ARLINGTON, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dec 15, 2022--
Airlines Reporting Corp. (ARC) today released data showing total passenger trips settled by ARC in November 2022 increased 14% year over year to 19 million, with a 32% increase in international trips and a 5% increase in domestic trips.* ARC-accredited travel agency air ticket sales totaled $6.5 billion in November, a 46% year-over-year increase.
The average U.S. round-trip air travel ticket price was $558 in November, a 3.5% decrease from October ($578) and the first month with a decrease in average ticket price since August 2022.
For travel during U.S. Thanksgiving, 64% of tickets were purchased in October or later.
Month over month, November 2022 results showed:
- Total sales were down 11%.
- Total passenger trips decreased 8%.
- U.S. domestic trips decreased 11%.
- International trips decreased 4%.
“While November’s travel demand was stronger than last year, we are seeing the seasonally expected month-over-month decrease in sales and passenger trips,” said Steve Solomon, chief commercial officer at ARC. “As we head into the holidays, most U.S. travelers have plans to fly domestically, with Cancun, Mexico, as the only international destination in our top 20.”
The top ten U.S. traveler destinations for Q4 2022 are currently:
More detailed information is available on ARC’s sales statistics page.
ARC accelerates the growth of global air travel by delivering forward-looking travel data, flexible distribution services and other innovative industry solutions. We are a leading travel intelligence company that possesses the world’s largest, most comprehensive global airline ticket dataset, including more than 15 billion passenger flights representing 490 airlines and 230 countries and territories. Our solutions and expertise strengthen economies and enrich lives by connecting stakeholders across the travel ecosystem. For more information, visit arccorp.com.
- Results are based on monthly sales data ending November 30, 2022, from 10,598 U.S. retail and corporate travel agency locations, satellite ticket printing offices and online travel agencies. Results do not include sales of tickets purchased directly from airlines.
- The average ticket price (USD) is for a round-trip ticket settled through ARC for an itinerary that included only U.S. domestic travel.
- Passenger trips include the total number of passengers taking a trip from one airport to another using direct or connecting flights. Newly issued trips are added, and refunded trips are deducted to provide a net view of traveling passengers.
- U.S. domestic passenger trips include the total number settled through ARC where the itinerary is wholly within the U.S. International passenger trips include the total number settled through ARC where some or all the travel occurs to airports outside the U.S. or originates outside the U.S.
- Total sales are equal to the total amount paid for a ticket, which includes taxes and fees.
© Airlines Reporting Corporation (ARC). All rights reserved.
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20221215005706/en/
CONTACT: Sara Hetland
KEYWORD: UNITED STATES NORTH AMERICA VIRGINIA
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: AIR TRANSPORTATION TRANSPORT DESTINATIONS TRAVEL
SOURCE: Airlines Reporting Corp.
Copyright Business Wire 2022.
PUB: 12/15/2022 11:00 AM/DISC: 12/15/2022 11:01 AM