Kinetic Technologies Announces Next Generation 5W Wireless Power Receiver with Integrated Battery Charger for Space Constrained Applications
LAS VEGAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jan 5, 2023--
Power management and video/audio interface IC leader Kinetic Technologies announced today the latest product in their market leading wireless power portfolio, the KTE7800. This device targets low power devices such as earbud charging cases, computer mice, personal care products and IoT devices that use low- to medium capacity lithium-ion batteries. The KTE7800 features a fully integrated wireless power receiver and battery charger, has been optimized for small coil designs. It is one of the most robust, flexible, and highly integrated wireless power products in the market today.
The KTE7800 is architected to support an exceptionally wide range of applications. A powerful microcontroller is coupled with an extensive analog and digital framework, supporting DC output, including 5V, and multiple options for alternative battery chemistries. Further, a 12-bit analog-to-digital converter enables precise measurements of operational parameters in addition to supporting five multi-functional general-purpose input/output (GPIO) pins. Programmability is designed into the device with ROM/RAM/OTP internal memory as well as optional access via the I 2 C interface.
“The KTE7800 expands our market leading wireless power portfolio and offers optimized solutions for customers designing small, low power devices, such as wireless earbud charging cases,” said Erik Ogren, Kinetic Technologies Senior Director of Marketing. “The extremely high level of integration, coupled with flexible programming options, can provide customers with the opportunity to tailor system performance to the individual requirements of their products, while minimizing board space and providing robust protection.”
The KTE7800 is supplied with firmware that is compliant with the WPC/Qi v1.3 Baseline Power Profile (BPP) standard and JEITA compliant battery charging. It is packaged in a 5mm x 5mm 24-pin QFN package.
KTE7800 is previewing now, with production planned for Q2, 2023.
Key Product Highlights:
KTE7800 – Optimized Wireless Power Receiver, LDO, and Linear Charger
- Compliant with the WPC/Qi v1.3 Baseline Power Profile (BPP) standard
- Optimized for small coil designs with low voltage starting and up to 5W output power
- Programmable 3.2V to 5.2V LDO mode DC output
- Programmable current limit
- Robust fully internal overvoltage protection with precision clamping to 25V V RECT
- Five multi-functional GPIO pins, each with a high precision 20µA current source
Many optional features selectable by resistor programming of GPIO pins
- Constant current programmable LED drivers
- JEITA compliant battery charging system that is designed to be complete and safe
- CC (±5%), CV (±0.5%), CTJ (±10°C) CC 30mA to 600mA, CV 3mA through 120mA
- Fully internal precision current sensing
- Standard support for 4.35V and 4.20V battery chemistry
- Dead battery, Prequal, Fast CC, Fast CV, Term, Top-Off, Done, Restart, Disconnect on charged, charge status indicators
- Fault Detection, Charge Timer, JEITA thermistor (NTC) thermal protection
- Additional protection features: UVLO, OVP, OCP, SCP, and RCP
- Internal power control switch between battery and system voltage output
- Supported by an additional pin dedicated to optional power on/off control
- 12-bit analog-to-digital converter supporting all analog functionality including GPIO pins
- I 2 C Serial Interface, high voltage tolerance Enable input, Interrupt output
- Microcontroller based design supported by 8k ROM and 8k OTP memory
- QFN55-24 package
About Kinetic Technologies
Kinetic Technologies is a global designer, developer, and provider of proprietary and innovative high-performance analog and mixed-signal semiconductor products for a wide variety of markets. Kinetic’s products help its customers efficiently regulate power, intelligently protect their devices from harmful voltage and current spikes, and deliver high-bandwidth, low-latency, and secured connectivity for video, display, and general-purpose applications.
For more information, please visit http://www.kinet-ic.com/.
* Kinetic Technologies’ logo is a trademark of Kinetic Technologies. All other brand and product names appearing in this document are the property of their respective holders.
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20230101005007/en/
CONTACT: Media: Robert Bendz
Phone: +1 -408-746-9000 x116
KEYWORD: NEVADA UNITED STATES NORTH AMERICA
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: MOBILE/WIRELESS TECHNOLOGY SEMICONDUCTOR OTHER TECHNOLOGY SOFTWARE AUDIO/VIDEO BATTERIES HARDWARE IOT (INTERNET OF THINGS) CONSUMER ELECTRONICS
SOURCE: Kinetic Technologies
Copyright Business Wire 2023.
PUB: 01/05/2023 09:00 AM/DISC: 01/05/2023 09:01 AM