Kinetic Technologies Announces High-Efficiency 9 Channel IR LED Driver with Buck Regulator and I2C Control Interface
LAS VEGAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jan 5, 2023--
Power management and video/audio interface IC leader, Kinetic Technologies, announced today its first dedicated IR LED driver focused on the growing market for video doorbells and security cameras, where night-time clarity is mandatory. The KTD2041 is the first IR LED driver to use an adaptive buck converter to control the current sink voltage headroom, thereby minimizing the power dissipation and optimizing the system efficiency to extend battery life.
Featuring nine independently controlled, high-precision, low-dropout current sinks, the KTD2041 uses a 1MHz I 2 C control interface to provide 6-bit linear dimming control with increments of 0.5mA up to the maximum current of 32mA/LED. Packaged in a tiny 3mm x 3mm UQFN-20 package, the KTD2041 uses adaptive output voltage control based on the headroom voltages required by the LED current sinks to minimize power consumption. The 1MHz (default) high-efficiency buck regulator implements adaptive on-time control, minimizing the component count and allowing the use of one very small inductor and capacitor.
“The KTD2041 further demonstrates Kinetic’s commitment to providing application-specific LED drivers, which are tailored and optimized for a specific customer need,” says Erik Ogren, Kinetic Technologies’ Senior Director of Marketing. “This device is ideal for use in battery-powered video cameras, such as those used in video doorbells or security cameras that utilize advanced video processing techniques. Each IR LED channel on the KTD2041 can be turned on or off dynamically in order to focus the infrared light in a particular direction, thereby optimizing efficiency.”
The KTD2041 has extensive integrated protection features including cycle-by-cycle current limit, input undervoltage lockout (UVLO), output over-voltage protection, LED fault (open or short) protection, and thermal shutdown protection.
While the KTD2041 is dedicated to drive IR LEDs, its low 100mV current sink dropout, it is also suitable to drive higher V F RGB LEDs. The KTD2042 derivative is pin-to-pin and functionally compatible but modified to drive three RGB LEDs at 32mA/Ch or for higher current applications. Multiple LED channels can be paralleled to provide a higher maximum output per LED.
KTD2041 and KTD2042 are available now. Visit Kinetic Technologies for further information.
Key Product Highlights:
- 2.7V to 5.5V Input Voltage Operating Range
- Nine High-Precision Current Sinks
- LED Current Up to 32mA per Channel
- ±1% Typical Current Matching
- ±2% Typical Current Accuracy at 32mA
- 6-bit Current Dimming Control with I 2 C
- Independent On/Off Control
- Supports both Independent and Global Dimming
- LED Current Up to 32mA per Channel
- High Efficiency Buck Regulator
- Integrated 200mΩ / 100mΩ High / Low-Side FET
- Adaptive On-Time Control with default 1MHz Switching Frequency, with factory programmable 1.5MHz, 2MHz, and 2.5MHz options.
- Adaptive V OUT Control
- Selectable Auto-Skip Mode or Forced-PWM mode at Light Loads
- 140μA Typical No-Load Supply Current
- Open-Drain FAULT Signal Output and Fault Reset
- Small UQFN-20 (3mm x 3mm) Package
About Kinetic Technologies
Kinetic Technologies is a global designer, developer, and provider of proprietary and innovative high-performance analog and mixed-signal semiconductor products for a wide variety of markets. Kinetic’s products help its customers efficiently regulate power, intelligently protect their devices from harmful voltage and current spikes, and deliver high-bandwidth, low-latency, and secured connectivity for video, display, and general-purpose applications.
For more information, please visit http://www.kinet-ic.com/.
* Kinetic Technologies’ logo is a trademark of Kinetic Technologies. All other brand and product names appearing in this document are the property of their respective holders.
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20230101005006/en/
CONTACT: Media: Robert Bendz
Phone: +1 -408-746-9000 x116
KEYWORD: UNITED STATES NORTH AMERICA NEVADA
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: SEMICONDUCTOR SECURITY TECHNOLOGY OTHER TECHNOLOGY AUDIO/VIDEO NETWORKS HARDWARE
SOURCE: Kinetic Technologies
Copyright Business Wire 2023.
PUB: 01/05/2023 09:00 AM/DISC: 01/05/2023 09:00 AM