The Corporate Reputation of Pharma in 2021-2022: Rankings of 30 Companies - The Patient Perspective of 520 Cancer Patient Groups - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jan 5, 2023--
The “The Corporate Reputation of Pharma in 2021 - The Patient Perspective - Cancer Edition - The Views of 520 Cancer Patient Groups” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The ‘Corporate Reputation of Pharma’ survey - cancer edition, now in its 9th year, and two years into the Covid-19 pandemic.
Between November 2021-February 2022, the survey collected the opinions of 520 cancer patient groups on the performance of the pharmaceutical industry during 2021.
Patient groups responding to the ‘Corporate Reputation of Pharma’ survey are uniquely positioned to comment on the pharma industry’s performance during the pandemic. Patient groups not only understand the perceptions of patients, but are also the only healthcare stakeholder to network with all other stakeholders in the healthcare system.
FINDINGS AT INDUSTRY LEVEL
The 520 cancer patient groups responding to the 2021 ‘Corporate Reputation’ survey rated the pharma industry more favourably for corporate reputation than their predecessors in all previous years. 67% of 2021′s respondent cancer patient groups stated that the industry had an “Excellent” or “Good” corporate reputation, against 57% saying the same in 2020.
Although many patients with cancer suffered from the indirect consequences of the pandemic, the sentiment of cancer patient groups towards industry, and to its achievements-particularly in relation to the Covid-19 pandemic-remained positive during 2020 and 2021. 81% of 2021′s 520 respondent cancer patient groups thought the pharma industry “Very effective” or “Effective” at supporting patients during the Covid-19 pandemic-higher than the equivalent figures received from 2021′s respondent patient groups of other therapy areas.
However, 2021′s respondent cancer patient groups are not uniform in their views about the pharma industry’s reputation. Lung-cancer patient groups were the most positive about the pharma industry in 2021; blood, digestive, and rare-cancer patient groups were the least positive. So, why the difference?
Cancer patient groups which marked pharma down for its reputation in 2021 pointed to many unmet areas of patient need in cancer R&D, including:
- Patient access to cancer medicines.
- The need to emphasise the quality of life of patients with cancer.
- The need for real-world evidence (RWE) on the tolerability and side effects of cancer medicines.
- The need for cancer R&D to consider larger patient populations.
The report provides highlights on:
- How the analyst measures pharma’s corporate reputation from a patient perspective;
- The headline results of the 2021 survey, from the perspective of cancer patient groups;
- The companies included in the 2021 cancer analysis; and
- The profiles of 2021′s respondent cancer patient groups.
- The top-three pharma companies out of 30 companies, ranked for their overall corporate reputation in 2021, assessed by respondent cancer patient groups familiar with the company: Pfizer, 1st - Roche/Genentech, 2nd - Novartis, 3rd.
- The top-three pharma companies out of 26 companies, ranked for their overall corporate reputation in 2021, assessed by respondent cancer patient groups working with the company: Pfizer, 1st - Roche/Genentech, 2nd - Janssen, 3rd.
Who Should Read this Report?
Customer Types (Organisations)
- Pharma companies
- Biopharma companies
- Regulatory authorities (e.g EMA, FDA)
- NGOs and health charities (usually FOC) including Patient Groups
- Research and academia
Job Titles/Functions for Pharma and Biopharma Organisations
- Patient Relations
- Corporate Reputation
- Public Affairs
- Professional Affairs
- Patient Advocacy
- Market Research
- Health economics
- Outcomes Research
- Medical Affairs
- Brand teams
- Market Access
Key Topics Covered:
- Executive summary
- Cancer patient-group relationships with pharma, 2021
- Industry-wide findings, 2021
- Rankings of 30 pharma companies, 2021 v. 2020, as assessed by respondent cancer patient groups familiar with the companies
- Rankings of 26 pharma companies, 2021 v. 2020, as assessed by respondent cancer patient groups working with the companies
- Rankings of 13 ‘big-pharma’ companies, 2021 v. 2020, as assessed by respondent cancer patient groups familiar with the companies
- Rankings of 13 ‘big-pharma’ companies, 2021 v. 2020, as assessed by respondent cancer patient groups working with the companies
- Rankings of 5 generic pharma companies, 2021 v. 2020, as assessed by respondent cancer patient groups familiar with the companies
- Profiles of the 30 companies, 2021 (v. 2020)
- Profiles of respondent cancer patient groups, 2021
- List of respondent cancer patient groups that wished to be attributed, 2021
- Commentaries and feedback from respondent cancer patient groups on how pharma can improve, 2021-2022
- The views of 84 blood-cancer patient groups Supplement
- The views of 92 breast- and women’s-cancer patient groups Supplement
- The views of 28 lung-cancer patient groups Supplement
- The views of 42 prostate- and men’s-cancer patient groups Supplement
Profiles of the 30 companies, 2021
- Astellas Pharma
- Boehringer Ingelheim
- Bristol Myers Squibb
- Daiichi Sankyo
- Dr Reddy’s
- Eli Lilly
- Gilead Sciences
- Merck & Co/MSD
- Merck KGaA/EMD Serono
- Pierre Fabre
- Sun Pharma
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/jpu0tw
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20230105005654/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./ CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: HEALTH PHARMACEUTICAL
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2023.
PUB: 01/05/2023 09:10 AM/DISC: 01/05/2023 09:10 AM